Being a strong state matters as we live, work and play together in community. No person, family or community is an island, and when we strive to be “better together” progress and prosperity is possible.
As your Senator I have stood for issues that strengthen this state we love.
What I Did
- Staunch supporter of funding Veteran’s Cemetery in Sioux Falls
- Led multiple initiatives to protect our great outdoors for hunting, fishing and recreational use
- Honored with SD Wildlife Federation Legislator Conservationist of the Year 2017 award.
- Supported development of world-class precision agriculture at South Dakota State University to increase crop yields, reduce cost and promote environmental stewardship
- Staunch supporter of roads and bridges funding package to assure a strong state infrastructure and safety for all.
- Strengthened laws to protect our citizens such as fighting the opioid and methamphetamine epidemic, along with enhanced penalties for those that distribute.
- Supported adult and juvenile justice reforms to support positive re-entry to society while keeping communities safe.